Gone are the days when people
used to spend their entire work tenure in one company. Now people are more
prone to changing jobs every now and then as a process to search for a better prospect,
better salary and better future. This is especially true for the BPO companies
who seem to follow a hire and fire rule while it comes to recruiting new
workforce. But even in this fast-paced work culture, there are some companies
who still have some old values left in them – they try to keep employees on
board. No, I am not talking about the ideal world scenario. In fact, I can name
a company which has this practice of retaining people – it’s the company that I
am working for past 3 years – Xplore Tech Services Pvt. Ltd.
Now, you might have heard the
exact opposite thing about Xplore Tech. They, like every other BPO have an
extreme policy of hire and fire. But I beg to differ. In my 3 years working
experience at Xplore Tech, I have seldom seen a person getting fired for no
apparent reason. Most of those who were terminated by the company were getting
warning letters on a continuous basis. Then, there were cases of extreme
absenteeism, uninformed leaves as well as other behavioral issues.
Of course there are cases where people were
terminated due to lack of projects, but the company hates to do away with their
precious manpower and for that reason, they first try to absorb as many people
to other processes as possible. In case they fail to do so, they ensure that
the people whom the company has to say good bye are among the people who get
the first call when they are recruiting for a similar process. There are very
few companies in the BPO domain that do this.
Even when an employee leaves the
company for a better opportunity, he or she maintains a healthy relationship
with Xplore Tech to ensure when there’s opening for a deserving candidate; they
will get a call from the company. Whatever may be the reason, no one really
wants to leave this company unless they are getting a much better offer
elsewhere, you see.
As for me, I am on the verge of
completing my fourth year in this company and I hope I can stay in this company
for at least five years. Then I will get that five-star blue ribbon. Looking forward
to wear it like a proud Xplorer!
No comments:
Post a Comment